Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Thriving :)

Well, I've been a bit sick for a few days. I had a high fever and quite a hard time finding the energy just to walk. No new pictures, either, I've been just working on taking care of myself and Ariana. Justin has been a tremendous help, getting very little sleep to help take care of all of us. I was never contagious, and Ariana managed through it completely unscathed. I'm still a bit ill, but getting better and better every day. :)

Ariana had her second checkup today. Great news! Usually a baby loses weight after the birth, and is back up to their birth weight by the two week mark. Ariana was weighed, and has gained 12 ounces off her birth weight, from 7 pounds 9 ounces to 8 pounds 5 ounces! My midwife was thrilled. She is thriving!

She grows more coherent every day. She maintains eye contact and though she has no idea what anything is, you can tell she can focus on things better than before.

Justin took off work today to help out because I was sick, and got a sub. That's been a tremendous help, and he goes back to work tomorrow. He says it's weird to think that his Spanish class is happening and he doesn't even know who's in it! We'll see tomorrow what his classes are going to be like this semester!

No comments: