Friday, April 11, 2008

So sad...

Not much to say about this one. I just got back from Dallas to say "bye" to one of my best friends who is moving to Hawaii. She actually should have got there around 6 this morning. We had a good time, me and her and her husband and another friend and Ari hung out until after midnight at Cafe Brazil in Dallas. Her husband is in the military and is now stationed in Hawaii until October when he will ship off to Iraq for 18 months. "Bummed" doesn't really begin to describe the situation for me. She'll be gone for three years, at least 18 months of which she'll essentially be a single mom and I won't be there to help her out at all. I'm just glad it's the internet era - we can actually video chat with each other :) so that'll make it a little bit better. But yeah. No politics implied, the war just sucks.

No comments: