Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Well, I held out long enough. Plus, I might be going insane.

I tried. I tried SO HARD. I just can't avoid the batteries!

I bought her toys that would really stimulate her brain. You know, blocks. Stacking toys. Cups. Stuff that crunched when you twisted it. A ball. For a long time, she only had one toy that ran on batteries.

I have officially given up.

I went out and bought her a play table at a garage sale yesterday. Now I'm singing my 123s to the tune of La Cucaracha, Ari is pressing on the chocolate chips of a half eaten plastic cookie to hear a crunching sound and playing with an electronic pizza that unceasingly declares how yummy junk food is. I am going to be an awesome parent.

*sigh*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like to play with toys with batteries too (like cell phones and laptops and ipods). You can't fault the kid for wanting to join the 21st century! :)

Anonymous said...

LOL

I knew my ideology had to bow to reality eventually, as it always must, I just didn't expect it to come so soon! ;)