Friday, February 15, 2008

Can't Sleep, Clowns Will Eat Me...

Well, it's 5 am and I officially can't sleep. It amazes me that no matter how little I sleep, or how exhausted I get, sometimes the tiniest noises Ariana makes keep me up. This is why I'm in bed for 12 hours and only get 5 hours of sleep. She wakes up to eat, eats for fifteen minutes, and goes right back to sleep. I, however, take at least an hour, sometimes three to get back to sleep, so I only actually get to nap for one to three hours at a time. She'll get 10 hours of sleep for my 4. "Sleep when the baby sleeps." Easier said than done! There has got to be a medicine for this!!! I'll probably be sick again in a few days from not being able to sleep, but oh well.

My van broke down today on the side of the road. During our efforts to revive it it was towed and is going to cost a couple of hundred dollars to get it out of impound. I don't even know if we're going to do it. The van itself was barely more than that and, well, frankly, we can't afford to pay $200 to retrieve a van that doesn't even work. My dad is coming down to see if he can fix it; who knows. In a year or so maybe we'll be able to afford a car that functions correctly. We still don't know what happened to it.

We are all visiting Dallas this weekend! We're leaving either tomorrow night or Saturday morning. Justin will come back to go to school next week, but I will be staying in Dallas until the 23rd. That way Ari can really spend some time with her family. I know her grandparents and aunts and uncles are really looking forward to it, as am I.

Speaking of Dallas, looks like we're not moving! Our apartment complex gave us a great deal on staying so we decided to go with that instead of me having to take a full time job to pay for a move to Dallas. Hopefully we'll be able to come up within the next couple of years, so sorry for our friends who were hoping to have us up sooner!

Well, I can't decide if I want to try to sleep. She'll be up in an hour to eat anyway, is there really a point? Maybe I'll give her to Justin this weekend and down some Nyquil and drift to my favorite place. ;) I'm going to use my flu-causing insomnia for good and go do the dishes. Happy 5 in the morning, everybody!!

No comments: